About this site
Terms and conditions
All documents - including text, graphics, sound and video - on this server are property of Platform 51, except where ownership by a third party is clearly indicated.
These documents may not be reproduced, stored or retransmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission unless ALL of the following conditions apply:
- The document must be used for information purposes only AND
- The document must only be used for non-commercial purposes AND
- Any copy of the document or portion thereof must include this copyright notice or a form of words supplied by Platform 51, for which permission is sought.
This website is provided for general information only; we do not guarantee that content will always be accurate and complete.
Links to and from this website
We encourage relevant organisations to link to this website. If you wish to establish a link to the site, we require that the link does not open within a frameset from another website.
In parts of this website you may be able to interact with other users or with Platform 51, through facilities such as message boards and email. You agree that any such interaction by you or through your email address will not (a) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (b) breach any applicable law, or (c) be offensive, obscene, pornographic, insulting, false, unreliable or misleading. You also agree that we may remove any postings or other interaction at our discretion.
Changes of Ts and Cs
Platform 51 reserves the right to change any of its terms, conditions or policies at any time. In such an event, your use of this website following the date of that change will be governed by the changed terms, conditions or policies.
Comments and opinions
- Platform 51 cannot guarantee that all the information on these pages is accurate: as well as facts and statistics, these pages also contain Platform 51 opinions and comments.
- Visitors are invited to leave comments - just type in your comment in a post, fill in a few basic details and click the submit button. Your comment will go into a moderation queue which waits for us to approve or deny comments.
- Comments which we perceive as offensive (racist, homophobic, obscene, sexist or other) will not be approved.
- Platform 51 encourages rational debate. The right to engage in a conversation on this site comes with the responsibility to respect the opinions of others, even if you disagree. You must not provoke anger, hatred, abuse or any other anti-social behaviour that to reasonable people would be unacceptable.
- By leaving a comment on this site, you agree that the information in your comment does not infringe anyone’s intellectual property rights nor breaks any laws.
- Trolls, spammers and people behaving badly or provocatively will have their comments denied.
- Everything published here is written or produced in good faith. We always try to check facts especially when we've referenced another source.
- If we find that something we’ve published is inaccurate or wrong, we will correct the mistake.
- We will always give appropriate attribution to other sources we refer to.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of other people and organisations and will never knowingly use anyone else’s content without their permission.
- When comments are waiting for moderation, we will approve or deny them as soon as practically possible.
- We respect your right to privacy by not sharing your email address or any other personally-identifiable information with anyone. The information you provide is used only for the specific purpose of our being in touch.
- Platform 51 is not responsible for other people’s posts on our social media pages. We urge people to remember that anything that they post on any Platform 51 social media feed is public, widely accessible and their responsibility.
- Platform 51 uses social media to provide up-to-date news and links to relevant information and is not part of our service to girls and women. If you are a woman who needs support please contact your local Platform 51 centre.